Monday, August 18, 2014

Fledgling

On a walk the other day I came across the cutest little birdie. A fledgling fresh out of the nest, not sure about how to fly yet and too innocent to be afraid of a huge passing woman with a smartphone pointing at it. That's how I could take this picture of it:



When I was home I was still all 'oooh' and 'aaaah', so I just had to draw it in my journal to confirm to myself I had really seen this little sweetie up close:


I hope the little fellow is doing okay and that it will grow up to be a strong and brave bird. I felt a bit sorry for it sitting there all by itself, but then again, that's nature. We're all fledglings at one point or another.

Wishing you all a wonderful and artsy day!

6 comments:

  1. Chances are both bird parents were close by! I'm glad you left him there, he was fine. And thanks for the nice drawing of him, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought (about the parents), but in any case it's better to just leave nature alone.

      Delete
  2. I love that you used nature as your inspiration, and saved the memory in your sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. They make me really happy. I don't like spammers though and that's why the word verification is turned on. I know it's a pain, but I hope you understand.

I try to respond to all comments by directly replying in the comment section, but please understand that sometimes this may take some time. Know that I read them all and that they make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...