Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Introducing the Adori (my current journal)

A while ago I finished the Spiral Book and that meant it was time to move on to a new journal. I decided to go with my absolutely gorgeous Adori.

Now you may be wondering what an Adori is.
As you may or may not know at the end of 2014 I purchased a Midori Traveler's Notebook. I have shared several posts about that book on this blog (just check the midori label in the sidebar). I still use that midori with great pleasure as a daily planner and notebook. It's really a bit of workhorse that I carry with me a lot, not so much a pretty book that I journal or do art in.

Because of the midori I started to get interested in so called fauxdori's, books that are based on the same kind of system (a leather folder filled with loose notebooks) but that were custom made. So after a lot of thinking I decided I wanted a moleskine cahier sized one, but I just didn't know what colour I preferred. Then Anja Verkooy of Adori made with Love showed a custom made traveler's notebook that just seemed to be made for me (except that she had made for one of her customers). So with a few tweaks added I asked her to make one for me and she did.

Here's a pic I took from my Facebook timeline to show you how it arrived:


Yes, I had only ordered the cover, but apparently Anja is determined to send a truck load of freebies along with every order. She's very very generous that way.  Anyway, is it gorgeous or what?

So when the Spiral Book was finished I decided to use this beautiful Adori as my journal. I filled it up with several pretty notebooks from Tinne+Mia (cannot recommend that brand enough, the paper is stunning) and the sketchbook insert that Anja gave me and here are some pictures of the way I have been using it so far:















The above spread was the end of the first notebook. It took me about a month and a half to fill.

Below you can see the split between the first and the second notebook. You can also see I decorated the pretty notebooks with some extra stickers. 


Most of the Adori is filled with writing and photographs. Here and there are some everyday ephemera and some funny stuff I picked off the internet.

I enjoy working in it and I love (adore, haha) how it looks, but I must admit it's not the most practical journal I've ever had. In the pictures you can see how I need to use my fingers to keep it open for instance. And writing on one notebook in a cover that is filled with several is not always comfortable either, but somehow it's worth it. I really am still very much in love with this traveler's notebook.

I hope you liked looking at my current journal and I wish you all a wonderful and artsy day!