Friday, February 5, 2016

Let me take you to Texel! - part three of eight

From January 15 to January 29 I vacationed on the island of Texel which is the island west of my own (Vlieland). This series is a travel report / slide show of that vacation so all my blogsy people can travel with me a little. Hope you enjoy! 

Day 6 - Wednesday January 20 2016

The sixth day of my vacation was pretty much the most incredible one of the entire two weeks. It actually didn't start out that way. I wanted to walk several area's in the south of Texel called Horspolders, De Geul and Het Pompevlak.

The start of my walk was incredibly muddy and had all these obstacles in the way. It was also rather cloudy and the path was almost completely covered without any views. I'm sure in the summer this would be a very adventurous trail, but now it was just annoying. I was just about to get cranky from all my maneuvering and trying to avoid slipping or getting my feet soaked early in the day when it felt like I surfaced and came on dryer ground and could actually see something.  



A few drops of rain started to fall, but slowly the clouds parted a little and let the sun through.


Then I crossed a dune and all of sudden the world looked like this:


I felt like someone had transported me to Scandinavia or something! It was breathtaking. The photo doesn't do it justice, but the rest of the day I was treated to the most amazing weather and the most amazing landscape.

Can you imagine having lunch on this spot? I did!















It really was like walking in another world and it almost made me want to live on Texel right there and then. I loved all those dunes combined with little lakes and ponds and other water.

I think of all my walks this vacation this was the one I am most grateful for. The weather, the sky the landscape were in perfect sync with each other, I'm sure it cannot always be this idyllic.  It was one of those one in a thousand days. I hope I managed to capture at least a little bit of the magic of that day for you.

Well, it's all downhill from now, haha! Nah, just kidding. There's still plenty of beauty left for five more posts, so hope to see you for the next installment.

Have a wonderful and artsy day all!